Thursday, April 4, 2013

Love my soaking tub..

Greywater Irrigated Garden from
a California Study
Ok so I love to get up early, fill the tub, soak, say my morning prayers, read a little, and soak some more.  But yesterday morning, because I'm so focused on my garden, it occurred to me that an awful lot of water was being wasted each day.  I remembered reading somewhere about "greywater" being good for gardens and it didn't take long for me to find several greywater sites.  Now to find a way to siphon my soaking water out to the garden.

What is greywater?
Any washwater that has been used in the home, except water from toilets, is called greywater . Dish, shower, sink, and laundry water comprise 50-80% of residential "waste" water. This may be reused for other purposes, especially landscape irrigation.
(This is the definition common in Europe and Australia. Some jurisdictions in the US exclude kitchen sink water and diaper wash water from their definition of greywater . These are most accurately defined as "dark greywater ").  http://www.greywater.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment